If your response is going to be anything related to ‘no one cares what you think’ stop reading now and go elsewhere. You’re coming here either interested in why, or to add to your list of reasons you don’t like me. I’m ok with both.
I’ve known Mr. Trump for a little over a decade. Our first encounter, and subsequent encounters, had to do with his request for me to appear on the apprentice.
We spoke at length every time we got together.
I realized very quickly this was a man decisive in action and confident in his ability.
I also realized that regardless of his net worth, he worked his ass off. He didn’t have time for 8 hours sleep each night, too much to be done.
So why will I vote for him? Here’s a few reasons why and none of them pertains to me just not wanting to vote for someone else.
- I trust him. I don’t agree with him on many things, that’s cool. I also know that there is and never will be a candidate anywhere that I will agree with on everything. That candidate doesn’t exist. If you say it does I think that makes you a sheep, someone afraid to have or voice an original, albeit unpopular, opinion at times.
- While I don’t agree with him there are two incredibly important things he possesses that neither candidate on the Soviet ticket do. He loves this country. You can laugh, you can mock, but you also are full of crap if the current administration has ever given you the confidence that they love this nation above all else. He will protect my family, and my loved ones. I say that because Mr Trump is where he is for one major reason. He’s been successful because he understands that surrounding yourself with smart people and listening to them, then parsing ideas and deciding, is how you win. Not all the time, but most of the time. When he says he will ‘make the military great’ he means “I’m going to create a group of men and women I trust to rebuild the worlds greatest armed forces and then insure that you and your family are protected BEFORE looking out for the interests of others”.
- I firmly believe that to know the real heart and soul of a man you look at his children. Who are they, what are they, and how do they act. I’ve never, even for a second, heard his children speak with anything but respect, courtesy, integrity and confidence. While you may think they are ‘spoon fed’ rich kids, experience tells me they have busted their asses to make their own way and be their own people.
Let me also comment on you frauds in the liberal media.
Mr Trump doesn’t want to ‘ban all muslims’ from entering the nation. Mr Trump doesn’t want to ban mexican immigrants from coming here.
No, Mr Trump wants to halt, dismantle and rebuild a horrifically corrupt, broken and useless immigration system. This current administration has made no bones about ‘disarming’ both our border patrol and our first responders in a rush to make sure everyone, even criminals, don’t have their rights infringed on.
But your liberal agenda has you lying your asses off to a group of people too lazy to do the work on their own, to listen and decide on their own.
But you knew that, just like you know Hillary Clinton is as guilty as the day is long, and as responsible for the deaths of 4 Americans, including an ambassador she was sworn to protect.
What terrifies you now? I think it’s the fact people have decided to stop making you their ‘go to’ for news. You cannot be trusted anymore, you have openly talked down to and mocked the ‘common’ citizen that they’re finally standing up and telling you to pound sand.
Those that still listen and believe you, and the massive amount of misinformation you publish are the lazy sheep and apathetic folks who will pull a lever for the felon or the socialist come next election.
I do want Mr Trump to stop the name calling, I do want him to start being much more specific. But that’s just me and my opinion. I love that he gets it. What do I mean by that? I mean if you heard his initial tax proposal and recently heard his talk around changing that, you understand unlike the liar in chief, he gets that what’s going to happen is far too complicated to guarantee anything until you sit in the oval office. He won’t pander, and that alone sets him apart from 99% of the corrupt entrenched old white gov’t.
You’ve managed to elect people that want to shred the 2nd Amendment while being surrounded by an armed detail
You’ve managed to elect people who demanded a disaster of a health care system, while they themselves asked for, and received, exemptions from that very same broken down piece of junk.
You’ve managed to elect people who honest to God believe you can pass legislation that will make criminals NOT be criminals, and you BELIEVE that!
Your media went on a campaign to destroy a woman that absolutely loves this nation in Gov Palin. You have made people believe she actually said “I can see Russia from my house”.
“They’re our next-door neighbors. And you can actually see Russia, from land, here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.”
That’s what she said you frauds. You rant and rave about ‘racists’ commentary around the First Lady and their daughters yet you laughed, mocked and trivialized when the public embarrassed and tried to humiliate Bristol Palin.
You would honest to God have the public believe that one of the most evil, despicable corrupt lying phonies ever to walk this earth, should be the democratic nominee for the highest position in this land.
The ONLY reason I wanted to see Mrs Fiorina, or Mrs Palin, or Condolezza Rice involved was to finally have this nation see what a true woman who can lead looks and sounds like on the same stage.
You’ve made folks believe a woman who helped destroy the lives of the women her husband assaulted and was accused of rape by, is actually a champion of womens rights.
I’m with ya on the Trump issue around his commentary about women. I think it’s uncomfortable for me so I would imagine it is for women, but again i tell you, look at his daughter and decide if he actually knows how to treat women. His wife? His former wife? Any of them come out and complain?
You college folks in love with Mr Sanders, a man I think is too far left for election in the Soviet Union I will say this.
Do your homework. His love of the “Nordic Model” is understandable, who wouldn’t like free stuff.
Let me give you a hint about how that might work.
It CANNOT SCALE from a policy covering 6-10 million people to covering 300+ million people in a country with 19+ trillion in debt and the worlds largest defense budget.
It is mathematically IMPOSSIBLE.
I know it sounds great, hell free stuff always does but you seem to have forgotten one of life’s most endearing and true cliches.
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is
So rant and moan and whatever all you want, but the reasons I am voting for Mr Trump is easy.
I trust him when he says he will put this country above everything else as a priority in decision making
I trust him to create a team of military minds that will keep me safe
I trust him to destroy a corrupt and broken immigration system and remake it with one that works.
I trust that at every crucial point, when a decision has to be made, he will make the decision that’s best for our nation, and not the best for votes.
I trust him over a women who lied her ass off about ‘landing under fire’ only to have video footage of her lazily walking off of Marine One.
Stolen valor much?
I trust him to undo the massive damage created by the most divisive group of people in my lifetime, who have managed in 7+ short years to undo hundreds of years and thousands of lives worth of work.
So Mr Trump, all I ask is that you keep your promise to me, and to Americans, and put us above all else when you become the 45th President of the United States of American.
I’m proud my family served in so many ways and so many wars that we can still have a process to elect a person to lead us.
God Bless you and God Bless the United States
This is likely the easiest way to address all of you out there who are just dying to be offended so you can create some sort of faux cause to rally behind.
Let’s make one thing clear right up front. If you get offended by ANYTHING in this post, that’s your fault, all yours.
And for you people too dense to understand this one very important thing. My opinion, 100% mine, and only mine. I don’t represent anyone but myself here, on facebook, on twitter, anywhere.
- The meme the world decided to rally behind that I posted months ago. The meme that some of you clowns and more of you spineless looking to be offended folks turned into something it was not. Every one of you gutless cowards, when ‘calling me out’ or calling me a racist, every one of you left out the only word in that entire meme that mattered. You had to, otherwise you’d have had to go elsewhere to find offense and create something out of nothing. Let me help you now. All of you fraudulent media folks, you lazy ass “don’t actually want to work for a story” clowns. The word you left out? the ONLY word that mattered? EXTREMIST. That word being omitted creates two completely different posts with two very different meanings. I don’t dislike or hate Muslims, or people of the Islamic faith. Ask my friends that are both. But then again you all knew that, but when you omit the word extremist you create a person that doesn’t exist and have a story with traction, even if it is a complete lie.
- This latest brew ha ha is beyond hilarious. I didn’t post that ugly looking picture. I made a comment about the basic functionality of mens and womens restrooms, period.
See here’s the thing. I do NOT care what color you are, what race, what sex, who you sleep with, what you wear. I don’t care and I never have. I have opinions, but they’re just that, opinions. And opinions are like buttholes, everyone has one and they usually stink.
You know how I know you ‘offended’ people are full of crap? Because I’m not even close to any of the things you so desperately want me to be, so you can whine.
I’m loud, I talk too much, I think I know more than I do, those and a billion other issues I know I have. Like everyone one of you I have flaws, but I’m ok with my flaws, they’re what make me, me. I thank the Lord for the life I’ve been given. A life interspersed and occupied by men and women who are gay, by people of all races and religions, by men and women who dress as the other, by men and women who’ve changed to women and men. Not one decision I’ve ever made about a person has anything to do with those things I just mentioned, nor will it ever.
You frauds out there ranting and screaming about my ‘opinions’ (even if it isn’t) and comments are screaming for “tolerance” and “acceptance” while you refuse to do and be either.
YOU’RE the ones making it the issue. I don’t care, if you ask me about any of the topics it’s likely (much to the chagrin of many) I’ll answer with my opinion.
There are things I have deeply held beliefs in, things I have that are core to who I am, things I am passionate about. If you ask me about them it’s likely I’ll give you a passionate answer, whether you like that answer or not is completely up to you. I am not going to give you answers to make sure you like what I say, let the rest of the insecure world do that.
But let me reiterate, I don’t care who, what, where or why you are who you are. I care about people and how they treat others. You will NEVER in your lives find a single person who’s met me/knows me who would ever say I treated them as anything other than a human. None.
Wouldn’t you assume that all of you offended folks would have heard of me treating people the way you needed me to treat them, to be what you so desperately want me to be?
If people want to create stories or impressions where there are none, and you want/need to get offended by them that’s on you.
But for now, if you want to be offended and have that offense be by something you THINK you interpreted or you THINK you heard, go for it.
But for the love of God stop making crap up, it’s boring and it’s stupid and there are actual causes that need attention such as homeless veterans and our archaic education system.
Two benefits of this I didn’t forsee. 1) Twitter has made their “Block” far easier to use 2) You find out who your friends are when folks create crisis about you, that actually aren’t.
Let me start this post by saying one VERY clear thing.
Anything, and every single thing I am about to type, in no way shape or form represents ANYONE’S opinion, thoughts, feelings, on ANY subject I am about to talk to but mine.
This will be a loooong post. I lack the ability to be short and concise, always have. Also, being this long the print media won’t be able to repeat it, just cut, paste and hack how they need to, to shape whatever narrative they’re after. Everyone else will just link to it.
I would prefer to speak my piece first, but I’ll let you read this article before I do.
I am linking it here, and from the FB, Twitter, Google and other “shares”, you clicking on the link will increase the audience there by like 1000%.
Now there are folks out there that will say “So what?” and “Who cares?”. There will be folks that look at that, who don’t know me, and think I’m an idiot. Hell some folks that do know me will likely think that.
It’s not the lies, those are written every single day. It’s the complete and utter lack of accountability combined with the spineless, gutless, weak ass no talent hack(s) that wrote it, and didn’t have a set big enough to put their names on it. Oh they likely will now since their readership went up like 44,000%, but that’s to be expected.
I’m going to give anyone wanting to read on, the actual facts behind this and let you do what you will with them.
I’ll cut and paste here, in full, and reply after.
In the meantime, Schilling’s troubled post-baseball life continues to alternately unfold and unravel. On Tuesday, he is expected to ignore a subpoena by the Rhode Island House Oversight Committee that wants answers to why his video game company failed so spectacularly.
Since leaving baseball in 2008, Schilling has endured cancer, successfully defended his daughter’s honor against Twitter trolls (to the cheers of parents everywhere), been suspended from his ESPN baseball analyst’s job for anti-Muslim observations, and watched nearly his entire fortune of more than $50 million disappear.
His name is especially controversial in Rhode Island, where Schilling persuaded legislators to stake him to $75 million in small-business loan aid. An investment that could have been spread to dozens of small business, but instead went to a famous sports star, is all gone – and taxpayers who were left with the bill want answers, as do their elected leaders.
- Unravel? Unfold? How exactly? I had a heart attack because I had a horrible nutrition (or lack of) program and a lot of stress. Combined with a family history of heart disease and VOILA! No ones fault but my own.
- Endured? I had cancer. I dipped for 33 years. What in the hell did I expect to happen? Like 100% of everyone else that dips and smokes I lived a life of “not gonna happen to me”, until it did. Again, 100% on me.
- I started a company, with 100% of my own money. Put over 50 million dollars of my own money in, and failed to raise the final traunch of capital needed to launch our 2nd game. That sucks, and as far as pain that will likely go to my grave with me when all things are factored in. 400 some jobs created, saved over 5+ years, an amazing RPG that totally outperformed expectations (contrary to what the resident horse shoe guy said). Again, this was mostly on me. I was the single biggest reason we didn’t make it, Mrs Chaffee was a close 2nd after starting his ‘scorched earth’ campaign. I also can’t let this go without making it abundantly clear how devastating this was. I lost what I thought were 3-400 ‘family’ when I let this company fail. I will never ever get past that, and it being mainly my fault maybe I shouldn’t. I hurt families and dear friends in ways that were never ever supposed to be. The last two months were so far from the first 5 years it is hard to imagine. I did everything possible, including throwing in about 25m more once we moved, to make this survive and it failed. I’ve never been able to properly address the families that were devastated by this and I am unsure I ever will be able to make that right. The ending was far bloodier than anyone ever deserved. The crushing memory I have is of citizens in RI standing in front of our building protesting and heckling EMPLOYEES who’s company had just gone bankrupt through absolutely ZERO fault of their own. Tax paying RI citizens who lost their jobs, and idiots were standing on the street actually heckling them. There’s a special place down there for you clowns. When the story finally is made public, and everyone is able to hear how this happened, and the staggering ineptitude put on display by the then Governor and his ‘staff’, I assume people will be even more livid and more stunned. The sheer ignorance and stupidity that they exhibited is truly stuff that can’t be made up.
- “Ignore”? How can you ignore something you never saw? I have not been served anything by anyone. There is not a person on this planet with even a smidgen of knowledge of the law who would say anything BUT “Hell no he shouldn’t testify” while there is a bogus and incredibly wasteful civil suit still hanging around. The day that crap disappears I’ll sit down on RI radio and answer every single question asked, and take calls to allow anyone that wants an opportunity to speak to me about any of this. There are parts of this that are disappointing, humiliating, insulting, but on my behalf there is not one ounce of illegal in anything I ever did or said, ever. The tax paying citizen deserves the unfiltered and LIVE truth, and I sincerely hope that happens sooner rather than later. In the meantime people need to make sure everything is made public, every single page of every document.
- You don’t ‘successfully’ defend your daughter against pigs and trolls like that, you just do it. Nothing I can say or do will ever make that disappear as a memory in a time that should have been nothing but unbridled joy for my amazing daughter.
- This is the best though. Never, ever, in my life have I uttered a single sentence, word, phrase or quip, that is racist. You actually have to be racist to say racist things don’t you? The tweet that I was suspended for comparing Islamic “extremists” to members of the “Nazi Party”. Not one ounce of racism intended, written or implied. But people that wanted to make it a racist comment, like this article, omitted the single most important word, “Extremists”. Heck take any comment ever made, omit or add a word you want to, and I bet you could have a pretty nice collection of controversies that actually never happened. People screamed about my ‘freedom of speech” and a ton of other things 1st amendment. My 1st amendment rights are intact and have been. But when you work for someone else you have rules to abide by, and I failed to do that, and was suspended. I can certainly not like it, or disagree, but rules are rules and I did not follow them, and was punished. Agree or not that is how it is supposed to work in a capitalist society. The bosses get to make the rules.
Let’s see if we can’t make people unwilling, uncaring, or that just plain hate, understand a difference.
‘Moral Obligation Bond‘ A type of revenue bond issued by a municipality or similar government body. A moral obligation bond not only gives investors the tax exemption benefits inherent in a municipal bond, but also provides an additional moral pledge of commitment against default.
‘Loan’ = loan noun 1. a thing that is borrowed, especially a sum of money that is expected to be paid back with interest.
On no planet anywhere, are these two the same. It’s not a play on words, or a twisted meaning, they are not the same. Not yesterday, today, tomorrow or ever. Any loans I took or that I put my name on for collateral are loans I have, and continue, to work with the institutions to repay. I refused to file bankruptcy, I put my name there, I told them and gave them my word I would repay in case of default.
Massachusetts legislators get criticized a lot, but they should get some credit in this fiasco. Schilling would have swung his deal in this state, but Massachusetts officials were not moved to help finance the high-risk venture, causing him to peddle his plan to Rhode Island, instead.
I don’t know who started the lie, I think it was Governor Patrick, but let’s end this now. At no time, ever, in any meeting in any correspondence in any fashion, did I ever ask the state of Massachusetts for ANYTHING. Never. I met with the speaker who ranted about term limits and then when his were upcoming, voted to change the law. He came to the Studio in Maynard. He, nor anyone on that staff knew an MMO from a Unicorn before, or after the tour. It was clear in any discussions with anyone here about anything, that the only business they cared about was getting their casinos.
“Peddle”? Again, nope. Never peddled this ‘plan’ to anyone but VC’s and single investors here, around the country and across the oceans. A conversation arose during a chance meeting about 38 Studios and RI’s desire to stimulate the jobs market. That conversation snowballed into meetings that snowballed into legislation that became the bond.
Not sure where the “oh you’re a conservative small government guy taking a handout!!!” crowd originated but how does the 1st part of that statement mesh with the 2nd? What does small gov’t have to do with gov’t investing in entrepreneurs and/or business? You can have an opinion either way on both, and you should, and that’s fine, but please shut up with that statement. It’s just as stupid hearing as it has to be to say.
The fallout has had enormous implications in that state, but its cautionary tale extends beyond state borders. It is a lesson that big talk by famous people does not necessarily guarantee success, and it serves as a reminder that public aid for private ventures is best utilized when spread among many beneficiaries, except in unusual circumstances.
I am unsure right now, but I think these are the only two sentences other than my name, that are factual. There have been as there should be, enormous implications from this. “Big talk”? Not sure what that means. If it means the CEO talked about plans, budgets, projections and all the other stuff, ya. If it means I bragged and talked about things that were emphatically overblown or untrue? Then it’s 100% false. I actually agree on the latter point but I have to say this. Anyone reading this (still) that had done what I did, and was where I was, would have done NOTHING different when approached by a state to partner on a 75m (actually 49m) investment. You may have created or wanted different terms, but no one walks away from what was supposed to be a 75m (but ended up 49m) investment in their start up, no one. If you say different you’re a liar.
The subpoena followed Schilling’s rejection of a request that he come voluntarily to speak with Rhode Island legislators. A man with an opinion on just about everything has been strangely silent on why his video game company collapsed so quickly and spectacularly,
I’ll say it again. It’s laughable to a point of embarrassment that people that would not do something that they then criticize someone in an article for NOT doing. How does that work on the ethics scale? No one, in any situation, given where and what is happening, voluntarily testifies while there is a 100% BS civil suit on the table, no one.
Once that sickening waste of time and money is gone, I’ll openly speak about everything to anyone that asks.
“A man with an opinion”. Ok this one bugs me more than it should and here’s why. It is absolutely no mystery that brevity is not on my list of skills. I talk, a lot. Always have. Very very passionate about the things I care about. Now that’s not good/bad/wrong/right, it’s just me. But here’s what I need to ask, to everyone from CHB to the rest. How on earth can you sit there and write that crap when it is YOU asking me the questions? Keyboard cowboys get to play both sides of the fence but never have the guts to take one. If an athlete doesn’t talk to you he’s an aloof, elitist ass. If he does talk to you and says “Yes” and “No” and “Just trying to help my team win” he’s a cliche spewing idiot. However when one does answer you with an answer that surpasses a drool and slobber, he’s a blowhard who never shuts up.
Why on earth would you think I am answering ANYTHING you ask me, to please you? Most of you never knew me, will never know me and don’t care to. Yet you label today’s athletes in categories, almost none of them nice or kind or remotely truthful, for answering the questions YOU ask in ways you don’t like or don’t agree with. The bitterness of a college graduate making 55k a year standing in front of a 23 year old Latin born Spanish speaking player making 22 million a year was ALWAYS palpable from the guys that resented the hell out of it. The worst part was watching that stuff fester into their writing.
Lastly. Check this out. A ‘group’ or a person, labeling themselves “The Republican Editorials” wrote this. A group the exact OPPOSITE of what they call themselves, wrote an article doing not one ounce of work, and just linking to other stories that did the same. The entire article contains like 4% truth, and a ton of lies, not mistakes, lies. A mistake is when you shake off your catcher in the 9th inning of a no-hitter, and then lose it. A lie is when you tell reporters after the game that the catcher called the pitch, two vastly different things.
But lacking the integrity to actually do any work, and the guts to put a name to the piece, they publish this. Is this where we are with our expectations as citizens of this country? I’m not. I’m not ok with people openly lying about me, or my friends, or my family.
You may not care. That’s goody for you. People scream “you’re just giving them attention”. You want this kind of attention? Being called out for the liar you are? Being called out because you do nothing more than ‘mail it in’ for your job? Being called out as a faceless coward who slings crap against a wall with little to no ability to actually write?
If that’s you then so be it. It’s not me.
Look I am not some pedestal posing bible thumping never sinned in my life christian. I am pretty much the exact opposite. I am and always have been a deeply flawed believer who knows every day is a battle to do the right thing in a world gone wrong. I don’t, hell no one does, succeed every day. Many days I need to play for the tie at best.
But if I ever am in a position where I am ok with making someone else look bad, even if it’s with lies, to make myself feel better? Well, I pray that day never comes.
I’ve done wrong, I’ve wronged people, but never meant to nor have I set out to be malicious to anyone, anywhere, and I pray I never do.
If you’ve read this far I am unsure if you need a thank you or a shrink.